Table of Contents
JT Advocates offers restructuring and insolvency service for clients in financial difficulties. Restructuring is usually the first stage in the process of agreeing a way forward with creditors in order to manage repayment of the debt, without the client becoming insolvent.
What JT Advocates Under the Restructuring and Insolvency Service Does
JT Advocates restructuring service acts for either debtors or creditors. JT Advocates undertake non-contentious work that involves negotiating agreements and repayment schedules to enable the creditor to pay off the debt without becoming insolvent.
JT Advocates insolvency service acts for either debtors or creditors, but the work will be contentious. JT Advocates are engaged in all stages of the insolvency process, from negotiating company voluntary arrangements, to administration and receivership. We are also engaged in the liquidation stage, where the individual or company’s assets are taken to pay off the outstanding monies owed.
- Services for the Purchaser of a Company in Distress/Assets from a Company in Distress
- Transaction assistance in preparation of the transaction documents and negotiation with debtor.
- Assistance during the implementation process: ensure transfer of shares/assets free of encumbrances, registration formalities, employees matters, competition clearance.
- Assistance further to the acquisition: representation in court for challenging decision of judicial administrator or liquidator, creditors’ assembly, etc.
- Services for the Creditor of a Company in Distress
- Analysis of the contract originating the claim and security documents, registration of the claim and securing priority against other creditors, if possible.
- Analysis of position in insolvency files.
- Analysis and assistance for challenging preferences.
- Assistance during creditors’ assemblies.
- Assistance in preparing and sustaining a reorganization plan.
- Court representation in various insolvency-related aspects.
- Services for the Company in Distress
- Prescreening the potential insolvency requests by assessing whether the legal conditions for opening of proceedings are met.
- Debt restructuring in pre-insolvency phase.
- Screening the insolvency requests and assessing the actual risk of the debtor in entering the insolvency procedure.
- Assistance during judicial proceedings both in front of courts of law and towards the creditors.
- Services for Shareholders/Directors
- Advice on proper conduct both before and after the commencement of proceedings.
- Assessing the risk of proceedings against shareholders/management/directors.
Why You Might Need Our Help
Keeping viable businesses operating is among the most important goals. JT Advocates restructuring and insolvency law inhibits the premature liquidation of sustainable businesses. A firm suffering from poor management choices or a temporary economic downturn can still be turned around.
When this happens, all stakeholders benefit. Creditors can recover a larger part of their investment; more employees keep their jobs, and the network of suppliers and customers is preserved.