Table of Contents
- What JT Advocates Under the Private Client Law Service Does
- Why You Might Need Our Help
JT Advocates offers private client law service to private individuals on legal matters such as wealth management, wills, trusts, and probate. This is becoming an increasingly important area of the law as individuals seek to preserve, grow, and pass on their assets while minimizing tax liabilities.
JT Advocates practices private client law service with relatively two distinct groups of clients: Traditional or ‘old money’ clients, including landed gentry and their estates, alongside organizations. Entrepreneurial or ‘new money’ clients, who have made their money through business, for example.
Old money clients tend to be more risk-averse in their attitude, in contrast to the new money clients who generally have a more commercial approach to risk. The latter has led to an increase in the international nature of high-net-worth private client work, with firms using complex trusts and offshore tax structures as vehicles to preserve wealth through minimizing tax liabilities.
What JT Advocates Under the Private Client Law Service Does
JT Advocates offers expertise in private client law matters, and some of the services offered include:
- Trust management – accounts, tax returns, and annual compliance service.
- Wills, trusts, and estate planning – passing wealth down through trusts and alternative structures including Family Investment Companies (FICs).
- Family law advice – divorce, separation, and marital agreements.
- Family businesses – succession planning, structures, governance, and family charters.
- Specialist probate services – administering estates often with technical inheritance or cross-border issues.
- International tax and trust advice – including property structuring, residence and domicile issues, succession planning, and immigration and visas.
- Tax and trust advice to global financial institutions.
- Powers of Attorney.
- Court of protection and deputyship.
- Elderly and vulnerable, including the protection of vulnerable family members, retirement issues, and planning.
Why You Might Need Our Help
JT Advocates provides advice that will help preserve, build, and maintain wealth and establish trusts. JT Advocates offers prudent guidance on matters, such as inheritance tax and capital gains tax.