Table of Contents
JT Advocates offers insurance law service as a type of risk management where the risk of a loss is transferred from one party to another, through the payment of a premium. Reinsurance involves ensuring the insurer – usually where large amounts of money are at stake – passing on the risk again. Companies use insurance for their larger commercial activity, such as investment management, and merger and acquisitions.
What JT Advocates Under the Insurance Law Service Does
JT Advocates under the insurance law service act on behalf of the insurance or reinsurance companies on a wide range of activities, from advising companies on claims being made against them, to the transfer of business between insurers as a result of a merger or acquisition.
JT Advocates review claims being made on behalf of, or against, their client and advise their client on the likely strength of the case. If things turn contentious, claims can be pursued either by arbitration or in the courts.
- Home building and/or contents insurance (including natural disasters)
- Consumer credit insurance
- Life insurance
- Funeral insurance
- Income protection insurance
- Superannuation related insurance
- Travel insurance
- Motor vehicle insurance (other than CTP)
- Debts to insurance companies in relation to motor vehicle accidents
- Strata insurance if you are claiming for damage to property you own directly.
- Farm insurance – we provide advice depending on what the issue is, but if you are affected by a natural disaster including a pandemic, please call or email and we will see if there is any assistance we can provide.
- Landlord’s insurance – we provide advice depending on what the issue is.
- Small business insurance – we provide advice depending on what the issue is, but please note we do not advise on any of the specific areas listed below such as workers’ compensation, professional indemnity, or public liability.
- Business insurance
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Public and product liability insurance
- Health insurance
- Motor vehicle accidents where no one is insured.
Why You Might Need Our Help
The best way to mitigate risk today is by having insurance. JT Advocates appreciates its clients and it’s here to offer the best legal services and advice related to insurance; do not get stranded at all, we are here to offer you the very best.