Table of Contents
JT Advocates offers a housing law service that includes a range of landlord and tenant issues, covering various areas of law from criminal damage to breach of contract.
What JT Advocates Under the Housing Law Service Does
JT Advocates offers housing lawyers who act for plaintiffs or defendants with regard to litigation, and their clients include private individuals, Local Authority landlords, and Housing Associations.
Day-to-day activities include interviewing clients, negotiating settlements, advocating on behalf of clients, and briefing Counsel. They also prepare documents for court, by obtaining expert witness statements, for example.
Defense work includes dealing with breaches of tenancy agreements, non-payment of rent, damage to property, and antisocial behavior allegations, which may lead to possession proceedings.
Acting on behalf of the plaintiff, sees our lawyers working on disputes around property disrepair, illegal eviction, homelessness, or harassment cases against a landlord.
Services and Advice Offered
- Eviction proceedings, claims, and warrants
- Tenancy disputes concerning the terms and conditions of rental agreements
- Obtaining injunctions to prevent harassment in the home
- Advice and appeals for those affected by homelessness
- Claims relating to landlords’ duties to repair rental properties
- Mortgage repossessions and other residential possession proceedings
- Local authority housing exclusions
- Housing Benefit disputes and appeals
- Rehousing and local housing allocations
- Representing clients served with anti-social behavior injunctions
Why You Might Need Our Help
JT Advocates represent clients in matters related to residential property, especially those involving leases and rental agreements. With regards to housing, the property owner must follow various laws, safety codes, and procedures for dealing with residents.