Table of Contents
JT Advocates offers a construction law service with two main categories: non-contentious and contentious.
What JT Advocates Under the Construction Law Service Does
JT Advocates’ construction law service non-contentious work involves negotiating contracts and general procurement which happens before construction begins. They work with the people who are initiating the project, the people financing it, the architects, and the companies doing the actual construction.
JT Advocates’ construction law service becomes contentious when something goes wrong. The contracts drawn up at the procurement stage set out how disputes should be dealt with. In an effort to minimize costs, they are usually resolved through adjudication or arbitration, but if a case goes to court, a specialist barrister from the construction bar would be appointed to advocate.
Services and Advice Offered
- Advice on procurement and risk
- Drafting and negotiation of bespoke and industry standard contracts
- Drafting and negotiation of all other associated documentation
- Partnering agreements
- Drafting and negotiation of development agreements and agreements for lease
- Local Authority procurement procedures
- Assistance in formulating the tender to the specific employer
- Assistance in formulating the offer or bill of quantities to receive the best remuneration for extra works
- Advice on the allocation of legal risks related to the tender and mitigation of (legal and insurance) costs
- Advice on the optimal corporate and tax structure
Why You Might Need Our Help
JT Advocates negotiate and draft agreements between the parties involved in a construction project. They work from the beginning of the project, opening up contracts all the way to completion, registration of the work, and carrying out necessary formalities for the project.